Writing with a universal theme in mind gives a story wide appeal and the ability to connect across generations. In this episode sibling creators Bailey and Molly Donovan discuss the process of making a feature from writing to release. There is a wealth of experiences to learn from. You will hear things like:
- Writing to a universal theme.
- The genesis of the idea
- Managing a budget
- Strategic trades for things like catering.
- Creating a professional look on a small budget
- The rewriting process
- Character development
- Writing dialogue that’s real
- Lessons to learn about hiring crew
- Raising Funds including grants from non profits, crowdfunding and family.
- Agreements for money.
- Breaking through production issues
- Cutting pages before the shoot
- Editing: tightening and knowing what to fight for
- Finding Distribution
For past shows and to learn more about the Seated At the Writer’s Table community and join the mailing list, check us out at http://www.seatedatthewriterstable.com
Join us on Facebook for updates and please like our page. http://www.facebook.com/seatedatthewriterstable
Help us spread the word. Please rate our show on itunes and leave comments for us. https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/seated-at-writers-table-podcast/id980801767?mt=2 Tell us what insights you took from this episode